How I long for you

Sunday 5 November 2017

How I long for you to envelope me
To be in your presence day by day
Struck by your awesomeness and
To be renewed no matter what
Comes my way

I long to become deeper still
to fall down on my knees
knowing you are at the centre
for only you alone my heart
could fill

I desire to be in prayer often
To be able to talk with you
And listen to the voice
Who regularly calls out my name
my heart softens

I don’t deserve to be near you
To be enveloped in your arms
Do I have the right to call you Lord?
I fail so miserably always
In all I do

There are times I find it so hard
To be near you to even feel your
Presence no matter what I do
My soul thirst for you, longs for you
This isn’t a façade

I so desire to learn all your ways
To become so enthralled in
Your company, what more could I ask
Than to be enveloped often
In your embrace

So I turn to you with a heavy heart
And crying deep within my soul
Abba Father, hear me when I call
Only to me alone could you
Alone possibly impart

Your voice of wisdom is all I ask
To reach deep inside me whenever
I call upon your name even though
This maybe sometimes be in vain
I want this to last

So more and more I long to
Fall down on my knees
To be more than to just simply be
So I call out to you in all and
Everything I do

Copyright: Page Alexanda 2017

Every Blessing,
Page