A special meeting

Tuesday 24 April 2018


I take this day one day at a time
Even though the hill ahead seems steep to climb
I look to you Lord as I walk on ahead
But sometimes these legs of mine feel like lead
I continue on oblivious of everything else
And as I walk the tears in my eyes begin to well

I am shaking and nervous all at once
As I know the weeks ahead will include some bumps
But I am ready to move forward and look beyond
To this meeting with my daughter of whom I am very fond
I can not wait to meet her and see what happens
Who knows where we will meet it could even be Clapham

There are lots of days in which I can prepare
Whereby I hope our relationship can be mended beyond repair
She will have lots of questions this I know
I just pray that in her I can give seeds that can be sown
And tell her about my faith which has brought me through
And that I can be a witness to her in just about everything I do

I was surprised by the letter which I received the other day
And I was hoping and at times I sat down to pray
For the right outcome to come out of this letter in my hand
And so, it did to an extent and I had feelings like sinking sand
Because I was told that this was to be a one-off meeting
I just pray that when we do get together it won’t be just fleeting

I have a lot to prepare for even though it is weeks away
I need to remember that my personal feelings I need to put at bay
For this is about Damaris and not at all to do with me
For how this meeting goes in the end we will just have to wait and see
I must remember not to build up my hopes
I wonder what will happen but then again how long is a piece of rope

For I can not predict the future or what takes place after
For me the weeks ahead could not go very much faster
Patience is the key and I must at all times remain very calm
If I need words of encouragement, then I can just turn to the book of Psalms
For the words written there will keep me in check
Otherwise I just think I would be at the end a nervous wreck

If all else fails and I don’t feel I can remain quite strong
Then I can look to you which is indeed where I know I belong
For my faith will surely see me through these days and weeks
As I know without a shadow of a doubt my faith is for keeps
I also pray that through her upbringing that Damaris might know you
For living by faith and grace alone will surely bring us both through

So, whatever the outcome may it be a positive one at that
I just hope for both our sakes the meeting doesn’t go flat
With lots to catch up on and tons of news to share
May it be a time of enlightenment and one of flair
May we both go away with good thoughts and a smile
Will we will meet again, maybe never or even by chance once in awhile
Copyright: Page Alexanda April 2018

Every Blessing,
Page