A troubled young girl

Thursday 12 April 2018


When I was a young girl
There was often abuse at me hurled
Unwanted attention from middle aged guys
They showered me with love and affection, but it was a disguise
For all they wanted was to abuse me inside
And I often felt that I had nowhere to hide

At the bottom of the road from me
Lived a couple I would often see
But when the guy was on his own,
He would turn into a different person who I later condoned
He would turn on the affection and charm
And at that young age I thought he wasn’t doing any harm

I was craving so much love and attention
That what happened to me are to many times to mention
I was often showered with sweets
That my life I felt was on a very short leash
For things at home were quite bad a lot
That at times I felt as if I had lost the plot

My parents would argue much of the time
That space by myself alone I would quite often find
For I needed time out and away from the house
That backwards and forwards I would very often bounce
With shouting and beatings that did occur
After all of these years now most of it is a blur

I was a loner even though I had quite a few friends
Visiting the elderly though had become much of a trend
To their bungalows I would go at noon for a chat
And would end up doing their shopping & looking after their cats
I found this ideal for me to get away from home
Where out of proportion things were quite often blown

When we moved from the town where we used to live
The abuse still continued with my mother being manipulative
Other abuse would continue, and I would often run away
Oh, how I wished the hours would go by until the beginning of the next day
Whereby things would be better at least for awhile
I would have loved to have answered back to my folks, but this wasn’t my style

Despite what was happening at home my childhood was great
And there were very few times whereby I would become irate
My friends were great fun and very sound
And there were times I wanted to live with them, but I wasn’t allowed
So, moving on swiftly I knew the abuse had to come to an end
At eighteen I moved away to Vienna to a family where I would finally blend
Copyright: Page Alexanda April 2018

Every Blessing,
Page