What happened to our love

Saturday 7 April 2018


Before I met you I was crying
And now I just feel like sighing
For what we once had shared
Now you no longer care

My love for you was real
And this for me was the raw deal
But you took my love away
Now there is no reason to stay

All you did was turn me upside down
I thought that in you my love I had found
But how wrong could I be
Now this love I can no longer see

The damage has been long done
When in the end all I did was run
Away from your lies and deceit
Now without you my life is just neat

Why did you act in the way that you did
For I’m sure that of me you wanted to get rid
But why did it take so long
Why O why couldn’t I remain strong

I told you everything from the beginning
You took it all on board and my head was spinning
I thought we had something good
I thought our love was based on a fairy tale book

We both had many issues I guess
Which we just could not lay to rest
In the end those issues ruled the roost
But I thought our love just needed that extra boost

I often felt so empty inside I would hide
And look out of the window at the empty sky
I spent so much time upstairs alone
There were often times I would sit and groan

I couldn’t focus let alone think at all
Because I guess leaving in the end this was my call
I wasn’t satisfied in the end at how things were left
There were too many times that I felt bereft

I was so tired of crying inside my heart
That in the end there was no choice but to part
From you this was so very hard to do
But I knew that in the end that our love was through
Copyright: Page Alexanda April 2018

Every Blessing,
Page