Naomi

Wednesday 11 April 2018


Once upon a time many years ago
Is this story of a girl I used to know
She was funny and kind
And all things sweet
She was also so very sublime

She had a faith that was so strong
And I have no doubt in Jesus she belonged
Naomi was her name
She was so nice if it is all the same
She loved life
And she would put many people to shame

She had a disability it was plain to see
But still her clothes sense was very neat
I remember she made me a cross
And alas I have lost it
So, this I know is my loss

Naomi, lived with her family in Vienna
She was I have to say indeed very clever
She could sing and sew
And would attend church
But what happened to her who knows

I would get to see her at least once a week
When it was at these times that God I would seek
She knew her bible so well
And would read to me sometimes
So often in His Word she would dwell

We became quite close friends
And to me she led a very good trend
She would always be happy
And so carefree in life
It never happened that with me she would get snappy

This young lady was so close to her family
But due to her health there were times she was in agony
No matter what she was always cheerful
And would be found quite often smiling
I often wondered back then why my life wasn’t also so blissful

She was slow to anger and rich in love
And her faith as I said came from above
She was always very patient
And loved everyone she met
Her life was God given and I am sure to Him was very fragrant

I miss her and think of her quite often
As she would love to know my heart towards God has softened
And I am a different person now
I really pray she is in a good place
She would love to hear of my faith in God I have now found
Copyright: Page Alexanda April 2018


Every Blessing,
Page