Trusting in God

Friday 13 April 2018


This is a fictional story for Faith Writers and this week’s subject is “rash”

This one particular day I just knew I had to get out of bed and get started for the day ahead but Oh I was having so much me time just enjoying the comfort of my bed that it was hard to shift myself but shift myself I must. So, after a long stretch I just mumbled to myself ok girl you really do need to get going. I then put my feet on the floor and got up and had another stretch whereby I then decided I needed a cup of coffee.

After I had showered and dressed for the morning and had my second cup of coffee (yes, I like my coffee, but it has to be weak), I then did my bible study which was fun and was on Ephesians 6, basically all about the Armour of God – so that was good. I spent some time in prayer as well thinking and remember friends and family that I needed to pray for before going to look at my “to do list” for the day. Whilst I was reading through I heard the phone ringing, so I thought I had better answer the call-in case it was important.

As it happened the call was from a dear friend who had been struggling health wise up until a few days ago. Anyway, she needed to get to the doctor’s surgery that morning as her car had broken down. The appointment was an important one. I knew I had a lot on today and I wasn’t sure if I could fit in taking this friend for her appointment. Oh decisions, decisions  had to be made. I needed to make a rash decision and it had to be the right decision whereby I could see if another friend could take her otherwise I would need to take her in my car and forgo something else I had to do which was equally important. Oh, my what was I to do, I hated making rash decisions and sometimes when I did do this for other reasons they weren’t always the right decisions.

I decided to take this to The Lord in prayer, so I did. Not long after I had prayed the phone rang again and basically this was from another friend saying that she felt I should take this other friend to the doctors that morning and she would take care of one of the other important things on my list that I had to do. Now how did this friend possibly know about the predicament I was in - this only had to be from the Lord. So, I breathed a sigh of relief knowing my prayer had indeed been answered.

I took my friend to the doctors and as it happened I am pleased I went with her as she had some good news, you see she had been suffering from Fibromyalgia and the week before I had forgotten that I had prayed for her healing. The doctor who saw her this morning gave her a clean bill of health and she was no longer in pain or suffering from any of the symptoms of this horrible illness – how on earth could I have forgotten that I had prayed with her. We got in the car and we both thanked Jesus for her healing and then we decided to go for a well-deserved lunch – so we did 😊. Just knowing that our prayers had been answered was a true blessing from God as He always knows what we need right at the anointed time. He is indeed a Father who answers prayers and we just need to trust in Him.

So, I know that before I make any rash decisions in life that I need to take them to The Lord and I just know He will be faithful in answering my prayers as He will yours too.
Copyright: Page Alexanda April 2018


Every Blessing,
Page