You are my firm foundation

Tuesday 23 January 2018


My fear doesn’t stand a chance when I stand in your love
Because all I have to do is to look up to you up above
You are my rock and my salvation
For you are my solid foundation
And I am standing in your love and on the rock
My firm foundation of which there are no stumbling blocks

I can shout from the rooftops of your amazing grace
And I can feel your presence so near sometimes I am in a daze
You are merciful and so very true
Even though reading your word sometimes I don’t have a clue
But I am hanging on in there and I love you so
And I can feel you very near me when I sometimes feel low

These feelings I have are so real and so true to bare
That there are times I find it hard to breathe and to come up for air
I worship you like I have never worshipped before
For it is you alone I worship and you I simply adore
Even at times when you feel so far away but you are so near
It is to you alone and your presence I hold very dear

Before I took a breath, you breathed your life into me
When your love wasn’t clear to me before it is now that I see
How awesome and wondrous you are I am just so amazed
You are like a fire that has over the years became ablaze
You are my rock of ages and over time I have learned to love you more
It was many years ago back in 2003 that you came knocking on my door

For you came into my heart and your love I so don’t deserve
And I remember at first that I was so shy and so very reserved
And sometimes this is still the case, but I have learned to speak out
About your amazing love and your presence when out and about
But there are times I find it hard to speak and I feel shy
When I know I shouldn’t and I need to learn to more than get by

My heart is so full of love and I feel this so amazing joy
But as I said there are certain times when I feel somewhat coy
I need to act when you speak to me to speak of your grace to others
But I feel more joyful when either alone or with my sisters and brothers
There is a sense of deep peace that alone overcomes
And all I want to do is to sing and dance and sometimes just hum

For I feel an air of expectancy that I have never felt before
I can fall at your feet and just be in your presence which is so raw
Just to be able to soak and listen to your voice when you speak
I know you are near and it is your presence alone that I seek
I desire to hear you calling my name out loud when I pray
For you are my love and I can call upon you either night or day
Copyright: Page Alexanda July 2018


Every Blessing,
Page