Thirsty For You

Friday 16 March 2018


I am thirsty to know you more
I don’t think I have felt like this before
The times I have wasted just playing around
I would cry tears without making a single sound
My mood would fluctuate at times
And the walls I would feel I wanted to climb

My desire to be in your sweet presence
I want to feel your deep full resonance
Sometimes things stop me from doing this
And quite often I would simply resist
But only you alone can quench my thirst
And now I feel your longing I feel I could burst

Without a shadow of a doubt I know you are near
But there are still elements of unknown fear
I don’t know why I have taken to feeling this way
I know at the end of the day you will just have your say
For you are all knowing, and all seeing and gentle at that
So, I reach out to you in my chair of which I am sat

Reading my devotions from the group lamp and light
These keep me going and you are far from out of sight
The verses speak to me as I read through the morning
And sometimes I read them when the sun is just dawning
There is something so special about being in Your Word
But having just wakened I know I need to remain alert

I can hear the birds singing as the early sun arises
And I know I am not full of so many surprises
For to reach out to you in the early morn keeps me going
For it is the tiny mustard seeds in me that you are sowing
For having been unable to reach out to you sometimes
And I hate to admit reading Your Word has been such a bind

But thank goodness this is just a small spell I went through
For I believe that you have got me this far in all that I do
I realise that everyone goes through spells of silence
And I know that you are a God that is not a tyrant
For you are loving and kind and so wonderful too
For it is my heart that you are simply trying to woo

I guess I am not faultless and I have issues somewhat
But when I gave my life to you I signed on the dot
For you are with me every single step of the day
For some things in my life I need to but aside lay
You know me inside out and have always put me first
For you I am hungry and really eager to thirst

It feels when I speak to you alone first thing
It is my heart and soul to you I want to bring
For there is no other God that is simply the best
And I know that there are times that you put me to the test
For you only have your best interest for me
I am longing to hear you and longing to see
And feel you near when I least expect it
There are times that to feel your presence I kneel or sit

For there is a purpose that you desire to bring
And that is for me to be still or to your praises sing
You are wonderful, faithful and an all-knowing God
And you do not as some think come with an iron rod
But I love you dearly and You are definitely not a bore
and you have wings like the eagles that are ready to sore
Copyright: Page Alexanda July 2018

Every Blessing,
Page