Looking forward

Thursday 22 March 2018


There is always room for improvement
But I guess I don’t have to do any movement
Looking into the unknown existence
Can you see the bright lights ahead, this is for instance?
The sun is shining for all to see
For this is so bright that I can now read
The book that I have wanted to get into for so long
Some of the words are rhyming so I could turn this into a song

Into the light I can see right ahead now
As I swing backwards and forwards on the tree bough
In the garden below, I guess you could show me
But please all I ask for now is that you would let me be
So that I can enjoy the glorious sunshine so fully
But with the cold winter air, with a hat that is so woolly
Turned down right over my ears so that I can barely hear
Lots of people in the distance giving a jolly loud cheer

There is a game of football playing over in the fields beyond
A game I have to say to all who want to hear that I am not very fond
Of the loud incessant noise, the players are making
I would much rather be at home in the kitchen doing some baking
Making lots of goodies including cakes, pies and muffins
There always seems lots to do at home but it is better than nothing
I could perhaps if the mood takes me give in and do some sewing
It is much better than being out in the garden, the lawn that needs mowing

Most of the time I struggle to get things done around the home
I would much rather be sitting or lying day dreaming all on my own
Where I can forget the cares of this world that I live in
I look out of the kitchen window at the birds especially the robin
Who is feeding off the seeds and insects from the earth
I need to make sure that any cats around give the birds a wide birth
For it is so easy to forget where I am at and go into a slumber
But then the weather forecast later on predicts lightning and thunder

I can do without this rainy and unpredictable weather
The flowers could though do with watering especially the heather
The snowdrops and irises and roses will soon come into bloom
If we are to get into the rainy season of April, then the flowers are doomed
Once we get into late Spring the rain should ease off
May or June time the buds on the apple trees soon start to drop
Tomatoes and many other vegetable plants need sorting
These are chores that non-gardeners around simply find boring

Once the winter has gone which will soon not be long
With the evenings getting lighter I don’t think I’m wrong
In predicting what the weather holds from this time next week
But if things don’t go to plan then the forecast looks bleak
If I am right, then this will give me time to catch up
And this time in four months my dog will no longer be a pup
So, if you are looking to the days and weeks ahead
You had better make sure you are ready for Spring and not in your bed
Copyright: Page Alexanda March 2018

Every Blessing,
Page