The Father's love

Friday 30 March 2018


Father God I know you are there
And I more than know that you care
I can feel your love surrounding me
But sometimes you just often let me be

During times of sadness and pain
There is nothing from this that I can gain
When I look around at your wondrous love
I just know you are looking down on me from above

Sometimes I don’t know what to do
But I realise that I need to follow you
Even if disaster strikes near by
To me I know you will never ever lie

I feel so alone and kind of empty in this space
But I do know that with you my life isn’t a race
I can take time and do the things I need to reach out
And I can take time to wonder out and about

I feel like crying this pain hurts so much
But I know that during these times I can feel your touch
You comfort me and carry me when I can’t go it alone
But into my life from the very start your seeds you have sown

As I am grieving through sadness and loss
I know for me you gave your life at a very great cost
And even though there are times of you I am not aware
To wonder from your very existence, I would not dare

I am thankful that I have you with me by my side
And I will carry on believing in you all day and all night
It is so important for me to believe in Your only Son
And with you my work here on earth is far from done

For you need me to reach out to those who are lost
And for many soon after Easter we will observe Pentecost
For your blood you shed for us over two thousand years ago
The extent of your suffering on the cross we will never know

So onwards and upwards is where I go from here
And I can do this without a single hint of fear
One day I will see you in heaven where you reign
And I will look forward to this very day if it is all the same
Copyright: Page Alexanda March 2018

Every Blessing,
Page